Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update my payment method for my subscription?
Please visit the Billing page to update your payment method on file for your subscription.
Do you offer web hosting?
Yes, I can host your website(s) and tie the cost in with your website care plan for a discounted monthly or annual rate. Contact me for a quote!
Do you cater to small or startup businesses?
Yes, I do. I love breaking projects up into phases for those who may have a smaller budget. Instead of going all-in on a large website build, we can split your site up into phases so you can quickly get online with a basic brochure site. Then, we can expand and add more pages and features as your business grows.
Can you write my website copy?
I can help you write your website copy, but I highly recommend hiring a copywriter who specializes in your industry to get the best results. If you feel comfortable writing it yourself and just want me to optimize it for SEO, please let me know during our discovery call.
Website Care Plan
Are there any set-up or cancellation fees?
Nope! There are no setup costs and should you ever need to leave the plan, there are no cancellation fees. Also, the door is always open should you ever leave and decide to come back to the plan.
What happens if I pass on your plan?
If you decide to decline the website care plan, there’s a lot that can go wrong. Here are the top reasons I recommend you make sure your website is well cared for:
- The site will not be optimized which leads to poor performance, slow loading times, and a gradual loss of Google SEO rankings.
- The site’s tools, plugins, themes, and WordPress itself will quickly go out of date, which is the #1 leading cause of website hacks. It’s incredibly important to keep ALL your website tools and plugins up-to-date.
- You’ll have no backups or restore points, so if your site gets hacked or breached, you could lose all of your content, pages, and your Google ranking.
- You won’t get a monthly report overviewing your site traffic, page views, etc.
- Most importantly, you won’t have me as your trusted webmaster to assist you with quick updates, tweaks, website issues, etc. Often, you’ll have to try getting ahold of your hosting company for assistance, and they’ll likely charge you to make updates to your site’s content.
Does my monthly update time roll over?
No. The retainer of hourly updates is just covered for that month.
What if my site gets hacked while on the plan?
If your site should get compromised while you’re on the plan – I’ll take care of cleaning the site and getting everything squared away with Google at no extra cost to you. But have no fear; to date – I’ve had ZERO hacks or breaches with any of the sites on my care plan.
What if I have updates that require more than 1 hour?
I’ll always try to get your updates done within 1 hour to save you some extra costs, but if you have a decent amount of updates that will require more hours, I’ll give you an estimate of time and do the work at my current discounted hourly rate.
What if I pass on the plan and my site gets hacked?
I can take care of getting the site cleaned for an initial cleanup fee of $400, then we can immediately get your site on the monthly website care plan to make sure it remains clean and protected from future hacks.
How fast do you get to the monthly updates?
I’m pretty quick these days. I try to get updates done within 24-48 hours. As a monthly client, you always get top priority compared to clients who aren’t on the plan.
For time-sensitive updates, it’s best to let me know in advance so I can schedule time on my calendar to get the update finished on time.